Common Ground Garden is a project of Ecology Action: We teach people worldwide to better feed themselves and the soil using GROW BIOINTENSIVE farming method both locally and internationally. Classes in Read more [...]
Urban trees and nature have a profound impact on people’s health, wellbeing, and quality of life.
CANOPY envisions a day when every resident of the Mid-Peninsula can walk, play, and thrive under the shade of healthy trees.
To bring this vision to life, we plant and care for trees where people need them the most, and bring the life-giving benefits of trees to the schools, neighborhoods, and public spaces of the Mid-Peninsula.
With the help of hundreds of volunteers and supporters, we’re working towards to grow healthy trees and healthy communities.
Canopy’s diverse programs include:
- Tree Planting: Expanding our urban forest. Canopy recently completed a major initiative to plant 1,000 trees on underserved school campuses. Now we’re working on the next thousand.
- Tree Care: Tending our young and mature community trees.
- Tree Walks: Inspiring people of all ages to explore and appreciate the urban forest.
- Events and Workshops: Engaging the community and sharing the latest in arboriculture science.
- Youth Engagement and School Programs: Inspiring the next generation of environmental stewards.
- Urban Forest Advocacy: Working with public and private agencies to protect our forest as a whole.
- Community Services: Providing guidance and advice for City of Palo Alto programs, and mentoring other organizations.
AwardsSilicon Valley Water Conservation Award – 2014
Stanford University Community Partnership Award – 2012
California Urban Forest Council Environmental Education Award – 2011
Home Depot NeighborWoods Award Winner – 2009
Palo Alto Tall Tree Award Winner – 2008