IPEC facilitates learning opportunities for teachers and mentors focused on healing physical and social learning environments for children and youth through educational permaculture design. We are curi Read more [...]
The purpose of the Institute is to advance public and specialist knowledge of the interconnection between economics and ecology, as developed in the trans-disciplinary field of Ecological Economics, through:
- engaging in public dialogue to communicate the principles and methods of Ecological Economics;
- providing accessible and affordable education to increase ecological-economic literacy;
- undertaking research and disseminating findings on the application of ecological economic principles, methods, and analyses to contemporary examples of relevance and importance;
- promoting instruction and research in educational institutions at all levels;
- co-operating with other organizations with compatible objectives or shared interests in specific projects or programs; and
- advancing an integrated conceptual and policy framework for a steady-state economy, based on ecological health, social justice, and the satisfaction of human needs and values, while decreasing material, energy, and monetary throughput.